all things lushuk

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 2 February 2014

Let Them Eat Cake Lip Balm

Posted on 15:40 by tony

I remember it being Christmas a few years ago, when me and my best friend popped into the Lush store on Kingston High Street. It was a few weeks before the holidays were due to start, and we'd chosen to spend the day buying as many presents as we could carry. It was getting late, the rain was pelting down and our muscles were weary with excursion. Without warning, the Lush display entered our vision, waving us in with colourful displays and the most beautiful smell wafting out from between the entrance doors. We'd never been to a Lush store before and were instantly bowled over by the colour displays and beautiful fragrances - it was like something we'd never seen before.

We browsed for a bit, lapping up the experience; sniffing and caressing a large majority of the products, before we decided on a couple of bits each and headed for the counter. It was while I was paying that I noticed a jar of silver tins by my side, fill to the brim with something called 'Let Them Eat Cake'. Well, let me tell you: when I saw the word cake, I was instantly transfixed. I snatched up a couple, paid for them sharply and left.

What started as a buy on the whim, turned into one of the best purchases I have ever made - this lip balm is like Christmas in a tin. Packed full of oranges and lemons, currants and sultanas, vanilla, sherry and treacle, this balm is a feast for your chops and one of the tastiest lips balms ever (should I really be eating this?)

The smell is very reminiscent of Christmas cake batter - a sweet, fruity scent with the tartness of the sherry and the zest of the citrus fruits; you can smell every ingredient present here, which gives it incredible depth and longevity. 

One difference between this product and every other Lush balm I've tried, is the consistency. Let The Eat Cake is far more oily than any lip balm I've ever tried, probably due to the large list of different oils that have been combined to make this product. However, this factor actually works to the balm's advantage - it leaves your lips feeling really soft and moisturised. Furthermore, I've found that chapped and sore lips heal super fast when this is applied a few times a day. 
As with all of Lush's lip balms, this 10g pot will last me at least 4-5 months, meaning that the original price tag of £4.95, isn't all that expensive. In addition, the cute sized tin mean that it's really handy to slip in a pocket or in a compartment in my day bag, and doesn't take up a lot of space. 

I really love this lip balm - I think it's unique, flavoursome and really effective at perking up those abandoned lips. I can only hope that Lush choose to bring it back sometime in the near future. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Currant, Sultana and Raisin Infusion (Ribes rubrum), Japan Wax, Fresh Lemon and Fresh Orange Peel Infusion (Citrus limonum, Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Plum Kernel Oil (Prunus domestica), Flavour, Sherry, Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Cognac Oil (Vitis vinifera), Glycerine, Organic Black Treacle, *Cinnamal, *Citral, *Eugenol, *Gernaiol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.


WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in Christmas, deodorant, Discontinued, Lemon, Lime, limited edition, lip balm, Lips, Seasonal, Vanilla | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • My Two Trips To The New Gorilla Perfume Shop
    When I found out that Lush were opening the very first Gorilla Perfume shop in London, my credit card groaned and the sound of screeching ti...
  • Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
    Before using this product, I’d never used a massage bar in my life, so I hadn’t the slightest idea how to use one. How could a seemingly roc...
  • Melting Snowman Bath Melt (New)
    Melting Snowman Bath Melt first made it's appearance during the Christmas 2012 range, boasting to be not only the cutest product in the ...
  • Calacas Shower Jelly
    Calacas shower jelly was one of the first Lush products I ever purchased, back when, for me,  Lush were just a novelty shop that I'd en...
  • Celebrate Body Lotion
    "Celebrate has been a best-seller in Japan for years – and we've finally brought it to North America, just for Christmas! A rich, c...
  • Rehab Shampoo
    Alongside Veganese , this was one of the first hair care products from Lush that I bought, simply because the name suggested exactly what my...
  • Dear John Cologne Body Spray
    As far as the Dear John fragrance goes, I'm a little behind with the appreciation. My first experience with it was only a matter of wee...
  • Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly
    I often forget that Sweetie Pie is a regular product in Lush's range; it often gets overlooked for the large bottles of shower gel that...
  • Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze
    I was shopping for Lush products a few months back, and decided to pick myself up a tub of Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze . I didn't read ...
  • Alkmaar Soap
    Much like the Whoosh Temple Balm , this is a product that I had to do a little research on before buying myself a slice online. The reason f...

Categories

  • aduki beans
  • Almond
  • aloe vera
  • Apple
  • apricots
  • avocado
  • bamboo
  • Banana
  • Bath
  • Bath Bomb
  • Bath Melt
  • bath oil
  • Beer
  • Bergamot oil
  • Big
  • blackcurrant
  • Blueberries
  • body
  • Body Lotion
  • brazil nut
  • Bubble Bar
  • Bubbleroon
  • bubbles
  • calacas
  • Candy
  • cardamon
  • carrot
  • cedarwood
  • chamomile
  • charcoal
  • cherry
  • chocolate
  • Christmas
  • Christmas 2012
  • Christmas 2013
  • cinnamon
  • Cleansers
  • clove
  • cocoa butter
  • coconut
  • coffee
  • comforter
  • competition
  • Conditioner
  • coriander
  • cranberry
  • Creamy Candy
  • currants
  • deodorant
  • dirty
  • Discontinued
  • dusting powder
  • Easter
  • Easter 2013
  • Easter 2014
  • elderflower
  • elemi
  • eucalyptus
  • Face
  • feet
  • fennel
  • figs
  • frankincense
  • FUN
  • geranium
  • Gifts
  • Ginger
  • glitter
  • grape
  • Grapefruit
  • Hair
  • Halloween
  • Halloween 2013
  • Henna
  • herb
  • honeysuckle
  • Inventory
  • irish moss
  • Jasmine
  • Jelly
  • jojoba
  • juniperberry
  • kaolin
  • karma
  • kiwi
  • lavender
  • Lemon
  • lemongrass
  • lily
  • Lime
  • limited edition
  • lip balm
  • Lips
  • Lush Kitchen
  • lustre
  • make-up
  • Mandarin Oil
  • mango
  • marshmallow
  • Mask
  • Massage Bar
  • melon
  • menthol
  • mimosa
  • Mint
  • Mother's Day
  • Mother's Day 2014
  • mud
  • neroli
  • nettle
  • nutmeg
  • oakmoss
  • oats
  • orange
  • papaya
  • paprika
  • parsley
  • passion fruit
  • patchouli
  • peanut
  • pepper
  • peppermint
  • Perfume
  • pine
  • pineapple
  • plum
  • Pomegranate
  • ponche
  • Popcorn
  • preservative free
  • primrose
  • rapeseed
  • Rare
  • Retro
  • rice
  • Rose
  • rosemary
  • rosewood
  • saffron
  • sage
  • salt
  • sandalwood
  • Scrub
  • Seasonal
  • Seaweed
  • sesame
  • Shampoo
  • Shaving
  • shea butter
  • Shower
  • Shower Gel
  • Skin
  • smoothie
  • Snow Fairy
  • Snowshowers
  • Soap
  • Solid
  • soya milk
  • spearmint
  • stout
  • Strawberry
  • suncream
  • sunflower
  • Tangerine
  • tea
  • tea tree
  • teeth
  • thyme
  • tofu
  • Tonka
  • toothy tab
  • Valentines
  • Vanilla
  • vetivert
  • Violet
  • volume 2
  • volume 3
  • walnut
  • wheatgrass
  • wine
  • Witch hazel
  • ylang ylang

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2014 (230)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (39)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (36)
    • ►  April (35)
    • ►  March (28)
    • ▼  February (31)
      • Rose Bubble Bar
      • Inhale/Exhale Bath Bomb
      • My Easter/Mother's Day 2014 Order!
      • Golden Egg Bath Bomb
      • Eye's Right Mascara
      • Tramp Shower Gel
      • Lush Competition - Bath Ballistics Bonanza!
      • R N B Hair Moisturiser
      • Hello Gorgeous Gift Set
      • Glitter Bug Body Lotion
      • Randy Butter Buttercream
      • Marilyn Hair Treatment
      • Easter Range 2014
      • Mother's Day 2014 Range
      • Tender Is The Night Massage Bar
      • Lots Of Love Valentine's Day Gift Set
      • Strawberry Santa Shower Jelly
      • Competition Winner Announcement!
      • Toucan Love Valentine's Day Gift Set
      • Abominable Snowman Bath Ballistic
      • Close To You Massage Bar
      • Neon Love Soap
      • Snow Fairy Sparkle
      • Aquatic Toothy Tabs
      • Each Peach And Twos A Pair Massage Bar
      • ...These are a few of my favourite things (Competi...
      • Skin Drink Facial Moisturiser
      • Sandy Santa Body Butter
      • Limited Edition Vanillary Tin Set
      • Glogg Shower Gel
      • Let Them Eat Cake Lip Balm
    • ►  January (25)
  • ►  2013 (160)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (7)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

tony
View my complete profile