all things lushuk

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 6 January 2014

Chou Chou I Love You Toothy Tabs

Posted on 15:15 by tony

I'm starting to get into the swing of using toothy tabs now. At first, I was very skeptical that a tab of bicarbonate of soda and 'flavourings' could do anything for my oral health, or taste buds for that matter! However, after the initial disaster with Sparkle, I have quite enjoyed trying this unique and interesting alternative to toothpaste.  

Chou Chou I Love You Toothy Tabs are scented and flavoured with rose, so they taste like Turkish Delight and make your breath sweet and fragrant. A 12g box, which holds 40 tabs, will set you back £2.95. As I've said in previous reviews, they are an expensive alternative. However, they are much more environmentally friendly than most of that horrible tubed stuff you get in local supermarkets.  

However, one disadvantage to these tabs being environmentally conscious is that they're stored in a thin cardboard box. This makes it rather difficult to store the tabs in the bathroom, the one place in your house that guarantees to stay damp for the most part. I know common sense tells me I could keep these tabs in a drier area of my flat. However, I like to brush my teeth whilst in the shower, so this a little annoying.

To use a toothy tab, you should choose one, pop it in your mouth and crunch it between your teeth. This causes the tab to foam up, where you can then wet your toothbrush and begin brushing as normal. You'll find that brushing your teeth will create more foam, making the experience not that different to how it'll be if using normal toothpaste. 

These particular toothy tabs have a delicious delicate rose flavour, which is intertwined with the tartness of the lemon oil and lemon peel powder. This addition of zest means that the tabs are more on the sweeter side than the floral side, which is probably why I like then far more than I thought I would.

The addition of Dicalcium phosphate anhydrous, which is a gentle abrasive, helped to remove plaque from my teeth and left them really shiny and smooth after each use; the sodium bicarbonate and cream of tartar helped to scrub and clean my teeth, making them noticeably whiter after the first few usages. Finally, the sodium lauroyl sarcosine helped to create the foam which made it easier for the tab to circulate my mouth and remove any unwanted food between my teeth.

Overall, I was really happy with the noticeable difference these tabs made to my teeth, and I actually really enjoyed the taste. Alongside Breath of God, these are definitely my favourite toothy tabs so far and I'm keen to continue using them as opposed to reverting back to tooth paste.

Quantitative Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate Anhydrous, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Sorbitol, Kaolin, Flavour, Rose Oil, Lemon Oil, Rose Petal Powder, Benzoin Gum Powder, Lemon Peel Powder, Sodium Saccharin, Geraniol, *Eugenol, *Citral, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes



ratingTextUndefined
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in Face, Rose, teeth, toothy tab | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • My Two Trips To The New Gorilla Perfume Shop
    When I found out that Lush were opening the very first Gorilla Perfume shop in London, my credit card groaned and the sound of screeching ti...
  • Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
    Before using this product, I’d never used a massage bar in my life, so I hadn’t the slightest idea how to use one. How could a seemingly roc...
  • Melting Snowman Bath Melt (New)
    Melting Snowman Bath Melt first made it's appearance during the Christmas 2012 range, boasting to be not only the cutest product in the ...
  • Calacas Shower Jelly
    Calacas shower jelly was one of the first Lush products I ever purchased, back when, for me,  Lush were just a novelty shop that I'd en...
  • Celebrate Body Lotion
    "Celebrate has been a best-seller in Japan for years – and we've finally brought it to North America, just for Christmas! A rich, c...
  • Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze
    I was shopping for Lush products a few months back, and decided to pick myself up a tub of Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze . I didn't read ...
  • Rehab Shampoo
    Alongside Veganese , this was one of the first hair care products from Lush that I bought, simply because the name suggested exactly what my...
  • Dear John Cologne Body Spray
    As far as the Dear John fragrance goes, I'm a little behind with the appreciation. My first experience with it was only a matter of wee...
  • Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly
    I often forget that Sweetie Pie is a regular product in Lush's range; it often gets overlooked for the large bottles of shower gel that...
  • Alkmaar Soap
    Much like the Whoosh Temple Balm , this is a product that I had to do a little research on before buying myself a slice online. The reason f...

Categories

  • aduki beans
  • Almond
  • aloe vera
  • Apple
  • apricots
  • avocado
  • bamboo
  • Banana
  • Bath
  • Bath Bomb
  • Bath Melt
  • bath oil
  • Beer
  • Bergamot oil
  • Big
  • blackcurrant
  • Blueberries
  • body
  • Body Lotion
  • brazil nut
  • Bubble Bar
  • Bubbleroon
  • bubbles
  • calacas
  • Candy
  • cardamon
  • carrot
  • cedarwood
  • chamomile
  • charcoal
  • cherry
  • chocolate
  • Christmas
  • Christmas 2012
  • Christmas 2013
  • cinnamon
  • Cleansers
  • clove
  • cocoa butter
  • coconut
  • coffee
  • comforter
  • competition
  • Conditioner
  • coriander
  • cranberry
  • Creamy Candy
  • currants
  • deodorant
  • dirty
  • Discontinued
  • dusting powder
  • Easter
  • Easter 2013
  • Easter 2014
  • elderflower
  • elemi
  • eucalyptus
  • Face
  • feet
  • fennel
  • figs
  • frankincense
  • FUN
  • geranium
  • Gifts
  • Ginger
  • glitter
  • grape
  • Grapefruit
  • Hair
  • Halloween
  • Halloween 2013
  • Henna
  • herb
  • honeysuckle
  • Inventory
  • irish moss
  • Jasmine
  • Jelly
  • jojoba
  • juniperberry
  • kaolin
  • karma
  • kiwi
  • lavender
  • Lemon
  • lemongrass
  • lily
  • Lime
  • limited edition
  • lip balm
  • Lips
  • Lush Kitchen
  • lustre
  • make-up
  • Mandarin Oil
  • mango
  • marshmallow
  • Mask
  • Massage Bar
  • melon
  • menthol
  • mimosa
  • Mint
  • Mother's Day
  • Mother's Day 2014
  • mud
  • neroli
  • nettle
  • nutmeg
  • oakmoss
  • oats
  • orange
  • papaya
  • paprika
  • parsley
  • passion fruit
  • patchouli
  • peanut
  • pepper
  • peppermint
  • Perfume
  • pine
  • pineapple
  • plum
  • Pomegranate
  • ponche
  • Popcorn
  • preservative free
  • primrose
  • rapeseed
  • Rare
  • Retro
  • rice
  • Rose
  • rosemary
  • rosewood
  • saffron
  • sage
  • salt
  • sandalwood
  • Scrub
  • Seasonal
  • Seaweed
  • sesame
  • Shampoo
  • Shaving
  • shea butter
  • Shower
  • Shower Gel
  • Skin
  • smoothie
  • Snow Fairy
  • Snowshowers
  • Soap
  • Solid
  • soya milk
  • spearmint
  • stout
  • Strawberry
  • suncream
  • sunflower
  • Tangerine
  • tea
  • tea tree
  • teeth
  • thyme
  • tofu
  • Tonka
  • toothy tab
  • Valentines
  • Vanilla
  • vetivert
  • Violet
  • volume 2
  • volume 3
  • walnut
  • wheatgrass
  • wine
  • Witch hazel
  • ylang ylang

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2014 (230)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (39)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (36)
    • ►  April (35)
    • ►  March (28)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ▼  January (25)
      • The Greeench Deodorant Powder
      • Starcraft Cleansing Lotion
      • Magic Wand Bubble Bar
      • Secret Santa Bath Ballistic
      • Limited Edition Wooden Karma Set
      • I Am 10 Bubble Bar
      • Lush Competition Winner Announced!
      • Melting Snowman Bath Melt (New)
      • The Christmas Penguin Bubble Bar
      • Post-Christmas Competition!
      • Celebrate Body Lotion
      • Ponche Liquid Perfume
      • Prince Charming Shower Gel
      • Love Locket Ballistic
      • Narcotic Shower Gel
      • Dirty Springwash Shower Gel
      • Lush Christmas 2013 Gifts Unwrapped
      • Ultrablast Toothy Tabs
      • Valentine's Day 2014 Range
      • Aromaco Solid Deodorant
      • Enzymion Facial Moisturiser
      • Chou Chou I Love You Toothy Tabs
      • Whitewash Shower Smoothie
      • Christmas Sale 2013 Haul
      • Gentil Lentil Solid Shampoo
  • ►  2013 (160)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (7)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

tony
View my complete profile