all things lushuk

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 15 December 2013

EggSnog Lip Balm

Posted on 04:20 by tony

I've never tasted egg nog in my life, and to be honest, just the thought of it makes me feel a little nauseous. For those unfamiliar with the traditional beverage, eggnog typically consists of milk, sugar, raw eggs, and spices, usually nutmeg. Sometimes it also includes cream to make a richer and thicker concoction and some modern eggnogs even add gelatine to replicate the consistency. 

The drink pretty much epitomises my idea of hell, so when I initially heard that Lush were bringing Eggsnog back for a limited release, I can't say I was particularly excited by it. However, given that the lip balm is advertised as vegan, and given that I have a compulsion to try everything that Lush bring out, I found myself buying a couple of these on release day. 

To say I was pleasantly surprised by the lip balm, is an understatement - I was bowled over. For starters, it smells nothing like the egg nog I've seen being dished out at various family houses. As opposed to the sickly, milky scent that I was expecting, I instead found that Eggsnog smells much more festive and sugary than the drink it's trying to replicate. Imagine the enticing smell of freshly baked mince pies ladened with a sprinkle of nutmeg and a dash of (vegan) cream: that's what this product smells like! Vanilla, cinnamon, and a hint of lemon oil all go together to make a flavour that’s truly scrumptious. It epitomises the very essence of Christmas whilst still being highly practical and useful.

The spicy, buttery lip balm also does wonders to your lips. Eggsnog contains a luxurious mixture of butters and nut oils to make a lip balm that’s soft, yet protective for winter lips.One small dab smooths over your lips effectively, leaving them feeling instantly moisturised and protected. Unlike other lip balms (Maple Taffy, None Of Your Bees Wax), Eggsnog isn't heavy or oily so it wont leave any sticky residue on your lips. I found my lips felt softer and more hydrated within a few hours of first applying it.
Ultimately, this is by far my favourite lip balm from Lush and I have since bought a few more tubs to store away for the coming months. I don't quite know whether I could still use this during the warmer months, as it is very seasonal-scented. However, while the nights are still dark and cold, I keep this balm close by for comfort.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Murumuru Butter, Hazelnut Oil, Walnut Oil, Brazil Nut Oil, Flavour, Lemon Oil, Myrrh Resinoid, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, *Cinnamyl Alcohol, *Cinnamal, *Citral, *Eugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes


WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in Christmas, Face, lip balm, Lips, nutmeg, Retro | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • My Two Trips To The New Gorilla Perfume Shop
    When I found out that Lush were opening the very first Gorilla Perfume shop in London, my credit card groaned and the sound of screeching ti...
  • Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
    Before using this product, I’d never used a massage bar in my life, so I hadn’t the slightest idea how to use one. How could a seemingly roc...
  • Melting Snowman Bath Melt (New)
    Melting Snowman Bath Melt first made it's appearance during the Christmas 2012 range, boasting to be not only the cutest product in the ...
  • Calacas Shower Jelly
    Calacas shower jelly was one of the first Lush products I ever purchased, back when, for me,  Lush were just a novelty shop that I'd en...
  • Celebrate Body Lotion
    "Celebrate has been a best-seller in Japan for years – and we've finally brought it to North America, just for Christmas! A rich, c...
  • Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze
    I was shopping for Lush products a few months back, and decided to pick myself up a tub of Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze . I didn't read ...
  • Rehab Shampoo
    Alongside Veganese , this was one of the first hair care products from Lush that I bought, simply because the name suggested exactly what my...
  • Dear John Cologne Body Spray
    As far as the Dear John fragrance goes, I'm a little behind with the appreciation. My first experience with it was only a matter of wee...
  • Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly
    I often forget that Sweetie Pie is a regular product in Lush's range; it often gets overlooked for the large bottles of shower gel that...
  • Alkmaar Soap
    Much like the Whoosh Temple Balm , this is a product that I had to do a little research on before buying myself a slice online. The reason f...

Categories

  • aduki beans
  • Almond
  • aloe vera
  • Apple
  • apricots
  • avocado
  • bamboo
  • Banana
  • Bath
  • Bath Bomb
  • Bath Melt
  • bath oil
  • Beer
  • Bergamot oil
  • Big
  • blackcurrant
  • Blueberries
  • body
  • Body Lotion
  • brazil nut
  • Bubble Bar
  • Bubbleroon
  • bubbles
  • calacas
  • Candy
  • cardamon
  • carrot
  • cedarwood
  • chamomile
  • charcoal
  • cherry
  • chocolate
  • Christmas
  • Christmas 2012
  • Christmas 2013
  • cinnamon
  • Cleansers
  • clove
  • cocoa butter
  • coconut
  • coffee
  • comforter
  • competition
  • Conditioner
  • coriander
  • cranberry
  • Creamy Candy
  • currants
  • deodorant
  • dirty
  • Discontinued
  • dusting powder
  • Easter
  • Easter 2013
  • Easter 2014
  • elderflower
  • elemi
  • eucalyptus
  • Face
  • feet
  • fennel
  • figs
  • frankincense
  • FUN
  • geranium
  • Gifts
  • Ginger
  • glitter
  • grape
  • Grapefruit
  • Hair
  • Halloween
  • Halloween 2013
  • Henna
  • herb
  • honeysuckle
  • Inventory
  • irish moss
  • Jasmine
  • Jelly
  • jojoba
  • juniperberry
  • kaolin
  • karma
  • kiwi
  • lavender
  • Lemon
  • lemongrass
  • lily
  • Lime
  • limited edition
  • lip balm
  • Lips
  • Lush Kitchen
  • lustre
  • make-up
  • Mandarin Oil
  • mango
  • marshmallow
  • Mask
  • Massage Bar
  • melon
  • menthol
  • mimosa
  • Mint
  • Mother's Day
  • Mother's Day 2014
  • mud
  • neroli
  • nettle
  • nutmeg
  • oakmoss
  • oats
  • orange
  • papaya
  • paprika
  • parsley
  • passion fruit
  • patchouli
  • peanut
  • pepper
  • peppermint
  • Perfume
  • pine
  • pineapple
  • plum
  • Pomegranate
  • ponche
  • Popcorn
  • preservative free
  • primrose
  • rapeseed
  • Rare
  • Retro
  • rice
  • Rose
  • rosemary
  • rosewood
  • saffron
  • sage
  • salt
  • sandalwood
  • Scrub
  • Seasonal
  • Seaweed
  • sesame
  • Shampoo
  • Shaving
  • shea butter
  • Shower
  • Shower Gel
  • Skin
  • smoothie
  • Snow Fairy
  • Snowshowers
  • Soap
  • Solid
  • soya milk
  • spearmint
  • stout
  • Strawberry
  • suncream
  • sunflower
  • Tangerine
  • tea
  • tea tree
  • teeth
  • thyme
  • tofu
  • Tonka
  • toothy tab
  • Valentines
  • Vanilla
  • vetivert
  • Violet
  • volume 2
  • volume 3
  • walnut
  • wheatgrass
  • wine
  • Witch hazel
  • ylang ylang

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (230)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (39)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (36)
    • ►  April (35)
    • ►  March (28)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ►  January (25)
  • ▼  2013 (160)
    • ▼  December (19)
      • Daddy-O Shampoo
      • Golden Wonder Bath Bomb
      • Calacas/Day Of The Dead Liquid Perfume
      • Calacas Shower Jelly
      • Grass Shower Gel
      • The Olive Branch Shower Gel
      • Hot Toddy Bubble Bar
      • EggSnog Lip Balm
      • Ghost Shower Gel
      • Sonic Death Monkey Shower Gel
      • Blousey Shampoo
      • Gold FUN
      • Shoot For The Stars Bath Bomb
      • Fresh Farmacy Facial Soap
      • Competition Winner!
      • Star Light Star Bright Bath Melt
      • Atomic Toothy Tabs
      • Luxury Pud Bath Bomb
      • Limited Edition Lush Scents 2013 + Competition
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (7)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

tony
View my complete profile