all things lushuk

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 17 July 2014

Demon In The Dark Shower Gel

Posted on 10:57 by tony

I cannot tell you how excited I was when I saw a bottle of this being sold on eBay earlier last year. Demon In the Dark Shower Gel is one of those products that I never thought I'd get an opportunity to try out, given that it's near enough vanished from the face of the earth. So when I saw that someone was selling a 250g bottle for mere pennies, I thought my luck had all come at once. 

The shower gel is composed of fresh, organic apple juice with an infusion of mint; a strange concoction that you would assume wouldn't work well together. On first sniff, you can definitely pick up the mint scent - it's a sharp, potent peppermint smell that initially dominates the entire fragrance; a dark green demon that travels straight up your nose and gives your head a blast of fresh, minty scent.

However, as your senses become accustomed to it's sharp edge, you begin to notice the warming clove bud oil and astringent apple, both of which compliment the peppermint oil and give the shower gel a unique twist. The apple somehow softens the mint scent, which only adds to it's appeal. 

Initially, I wasn't bowled over by Demon In the Dark, simply because it's scent reminded me of Listerene Mouth Wash - not something you want to be smothering all over your body. However, over time I came to appreciate the fact that this shower gel could have been far more acrid than it was, and it was Lush's weird and wonderful pairing that prevented it from being simply another generic mint-scented product. 

It lathers up rather nicely, sharing it's colour and consistency with Avowash Shower gel. You don't need a surplus amount of this each time, as a penny-sized amount will lather up wonderfully and cover your entire body. Using too much will also make your skin tingle slightly, which is both a pleasant and weird experience. 

Ultimately, this shower gel made my skin feel really clean and soft almost immediately, something I always value in a product. Unlike the Dirty and Narcotic Shower Gels, this one at least as some redeeming qualities, as the inclusion of the apple somewhat removes the potency of the overall mint scent. It's a fresh, revigorating gel that works well in the morning to wake your senses up and give your skin that crisp, clean feeling.

However, it's not a scent that bowled me over, and certainly not one I would rush to try again. The mint is a little too strong in the mix for me, and apple isn't one of my favourite scents to begin with. I can see why this would be a very popular fragrance, it's just not the type to get me overly excited.

Vegan?: Yes

WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in Apple, Discontinued, Mint, Rare, Shower, Shower Gel | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • My Two Trips To The New Gorilla Perfume Shop
    When I found out that Lush were opening the very first Gorilla Perfume shop in London, my credit card groaned and the sound of screeching ti...
  • Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
    Before using this product, I’d never used a massage bar in my life, so I hadn’t the slightest idea how to use one. How could a seemingly roc...
  • Melting Snowman Bath Melt (New)
    Melting Snowman Bath Melt first made it's appearance during the Christmas 2012 range, boasting to be not only the cutest product in the ...
  • Calacas Shower Jelly
    Calacas shower jelly was one of the first Lush products I ever purchased, back when, for me,  Lush were just a novelty shop that I'd en...
  • Celebrate Body Lotion
    "Celebrate has been a best-seller in Japan for years – and we've finally brought it to North America, just for Christmas! A rich, c...
  • Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze
    I was shopping for Lush products a few months back, and decided to pick myself up a tub of Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze . I didn't read ...
  • Rehab Shampoo
    Alongside Veganese , this was one of the first hair care products from Lush that I bought, simply because the name suggested exactly what my...
  • Dear John Cologne Body Spray
    As far as the Dear John fragrance goes, I'm a little behind with the appreciation. My first experience with it was only a matter of wee...
  • Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly
    I often forget that Sweetie Pie is a regular product in Lush's range; it often gets overlooked for the large bottles of shower gel that...
  • Alkmaar Soap
    Much like the Whoosh Temple Balm , this is a product that I had to do a little research on before buying myself a slice online. The reason f...

Categories

  • aduki beans
  • Almond
  • aloe vera
  • Apple
  • apricots
  • avocado
  • bamboo
  • Banana
  • Bath
  • Bath Bomb
  • Bath Melt
  • bath oil
  • Beer
  • Bergamot oil
  • Big
  • blackcurrant
  • Blueberries
  • body
  • Body Lotion
  • brazil nut
  • Bubble Bar
  • Bubbleroon
  • bubbles
  • calacas
  • Candy
  • cardamon
  • carrot
  • cedarwood
  • chamomile
  • charcoal
  • cherry
  • chocolate
  • Christmas
  • Christmas 2012
  • Christmas 2013
  • cinnamon
  • Cleansers
  • clove
  • cocoa butter
  • coconut
  • coffee
  • comforter
  • competition
  • Conditioner
  • coriander
  • cranberry
  • Creamy Candy
  • currants
  • deodorant
  • dirty
  • Discontinued
  • dusting powder
  • Easter
  • Easter 2013
  • Easter 2014
  • elderflower
  • elemi
  • eucalyptus
  • Face
  • feet
  • fennel
  • figs
  • frankincense
  • FUN
  • geranium
  • Gifts
  • Ginger
  • glitter
  • grape
  • Grapefruit
  • Hair
  • Halloween
  • Halloween 2013
  • Henna
  • herb
  • honeysuckle
  • Inventory
  • irish moss
  • Jasmine
  • Jelly
  • jojoba
  • juniperberry
  • kaolin
  • karma
  • kiwi
  • lavender
  • Lemon
  • lemongrass
  • lily
  • Lime
  • limited edition
  • lip balm
  • Lips
  • Lush Kitchen
  • lustre
  • make-up
  • Mandarin Oil
  • mango
  • marshmallow
  • Mask
  • Massage Bar
  • melon
  • menthol
  • mimosa
  • Mint
  • Mother's Day
  • Mother's Day 2014
  • mud
  • neroli
  • nettle
  • nutmeg
  • oakmoss
  • oats
  • orange
  • papaya
  • paprika
  • parsley
  • passion fruit
  • patchouli
  • peanut
  • pepper
  • peppermint
  • Perfume
  • pine
  • pineapple
  • plum
  • Pomegranate
  • ponche
  • Popcorn
  • preservative free
  • primrose
  • rapeseed
  • Rare
  • Retro
  • rice
  • Rose
  • rosemary
  • rosewood
  • saffron
  • sage
  • salt
  • sandalwood
  • Scrub
  • Seasonal
  • Seaweed
  • sesame
  • Shampoo
  • Shaving
  • shea butter
  • Shower
  • Shower Gel
  • Skin
  • smoothie
  • Snow Fairy
  • Snowshowers
  • Soap
  • Solid
  • soya milk
  • spearmint
  • stout
  • Strawberry
  • suncream
  • sunflower
  • Tangerine
  • tea
  • tea tree
  • teeth
  • thyme
  • tofu
  • Tonka
  • toothy tab
  • Valentines
  • Vanilla
  • vetivert
  • Violet
  • volume 2
  • volume 3
  • walnut
  • wheatgrass
  • wine
  • Witch hazel
  • ylang ylang

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2014 (230)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ▼  July (39)
      • I Should Coco Soap
      • The Sun Solid Perfume
      • Dad's Garden Lemon Tree Body Spray
      • Go Green Solid Perfume
      • Smuggler's Soul Liquid Perfume
      • My Two Trips To The New Gorilla Perfume Shop
      • Tuca Tuca Massage Bar
      • Veerappen Moustache Wax
      • Start of Summer Competition Winner Announced!
      • Dad's Garden: Chamomile And Honeysuckle Liquid Per...
      • 29 High Street Liquid Perfume
      • Death & Decay Liquid Perfume
      • Review: The President's Hat Liquid Perfume
      • Stayin' Alive Liquid Perfume
      • Smuggler's Soul Solid Perfume
      • Five O'Clock Whistle Shaving Smoothie
      • Princess Cottongrass Liquid Perfume
      • Kalamazoo Beard And Facial Wash
      • All Good Things Liquid Perfume
      • Kerbside Violet Liquid Perfume
      • Damp Squid Bath Ballistic
      • Scentenary Soap
      • Demon In The Dark Shower Gel
      • Gold, Frankincense & Beer Shower Jelly
      • Aura Suavis Shower Gel
      • Vanilla In The Mist Soap
      • Start Of Summer Competition!
      • Want To Believe Bath Melt
      • Romance In The Stone Bath Bomb
      • Charity Pot / Formulae Known As Body Lotion
      • Sunny Citrus Soap
      • The Guv'ner Powdered Deodorant
      • Creme Anglaise Body Lotion
      • Pineapple Grunt Soap
      • Marzibain Bubble Bar
      • Competition Winner Announced!
      • Friends With Benefits Massage Bar
      • Potion Body Lotion
      • Comforter Shower Gel
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (36)
    • ►  April (35)
    • ►  March (28)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ►  January (25)
  • ►  2013 (160)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (7)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

tony
View my complete profile