all things lushuk

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Jungle Solid Conditioner

Posted on 05:27 by tony

I am completely baffled. Time and time again, I use Lush's solid products in the hope that I'll find something that works for me, and yet time and time again I am left frustrated and defeated. I wholeheartedly support Lush's attempt to reduce packaging waste and make their products environmentally friendly. However, if they are going to do this, surely they should be making products that can justify this switch?

Lush's Jungle Conditioner is yet another example of how me and solid hair care just do not gel. A solid bar based on fruits and cocoa butter, Jungle contains cocoa butter to give a rich condition and shine to the hair and help protect it.  It also contains fruit oils and fats to add condition and feed the hair, without making it too heavy or oily. In theory, it should leave hair nicely conditioned and easier to comb through.

On paper, it sounds as if Lush have once again created a cosmetic wonder. Yet in reality, it's a  nightmarish experience. First I tried rubbing the conditioner throughout my wet hair. It pulled and ripped my hair and left clumps of stray hairs embedded in the bar, not to mention the waxy bits that decorated my scalp. Then I tried lathering it between my hands, but with little success. The stuff simply would not lather-and after five minutes of trying, I managed to lather up enough to cover about a tenth of my head. 

I've read reviews online that suggest grating it down, microwaving it with water and so on. But seriously, who wants to go through all of that just to condition your hair?

Despite the fact that this product smells gorgeous; a tropical concoction of passion fruit, kumquat and fig, this conditioner is not practical, and will not making another appearance on my Lush shopping list. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol & Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Fresh Organic Avocado, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Fresh Figs, Fresh Organic Bananas, Fresh Passion Fruit, Fresh Kumquat, Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cypress Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Chlorophyllin, *Limonene, *Cinnamal.


Vegan?: Yes





Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in Banana, Conditioner, Hair, Solid | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • My Two Trips To The New Gorilla Perfume Shop
    When I found out that Lush were opening the very first Gorilla Perfume shop in London, my credit card groaned and the sound of screeching ti...
  • Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
    Before using this product, I’d never used a massage bar in my life, so I hadn’t the slightest idea how to use one. How could a seemingly roc...
  • Melting Snowman Bath Melt (New)
    Melting Snowman Bath Melt first made it's appearance during the Christmas 2012 range, boasting to be not only the cutest product in the ...
  • Calacas Shower Jelly
    Calacas shower jelly was one of the first Lush products I ever purchased, back when, for me,  Lush were just a novelty shop that I'd en...
  • Celebrate Body Lotion
    "Celebrate has been a best-seller in Japan for years – and we've finally brought it to North America, just for Christmas! A rich, c...
  • Rehab Shampoo
    Alongside Veganese , this was one of the first hair care products from Lush that I bought, simply because the name suggested exactly what my...
  • Dear John Cologne Body Spray
    As far as the Dear John fragrance goes, I'm a little behind with the appreciation. My first experience with it was only a matter of wee...
  • Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly
    I often forget that Sweetie Pie is a regular product in Lush's range; it often gets overlooked for the large bottles of shower gel that...
  • Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze
    I was shopping for Lush products a few months back, and decided to pick myself up a tub of Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze . I didn't read ...
  • Alkmaar Soap
    Much like the Whoosh Temple Balm , this is a product that I had to do a little research on before buying myself a slice online. The reason f...

Categories

  • aduki beans
  • Almond
  • aloe vera
  • Apple
  • apricots
  • avocado
  • bamboo
  • Banana
  • Bath
  • Bath Bomb
  • Bath Melt
  • bath oil
  • Beer
  • Bergamot oil
  • Big
  • blackcurrant
  • Blueberries
  • body
  • Body Lotion
  • brazil nut
  • Bubble Bar
  • Bubbleroon
  • bubbles
  • calacas
  • Candy
  • cardamon
  • carrot
  • cedarwood
  • chamomile
  • charcoal
  • cherry
  • chocolate
  • Christmas
  • Christmas 2012
  • Christmas 2013
  • cinnamon
  • Cleansers
  • clove
  • cocoa butter
  • coconut
  • coffee
  • comforter
  • competition
  • Conditioner
  • coriander
  • cranberry
  • Creamy Candy
  • currants
  • deodorant
  • dirty
  • Discontinued
  • dusting powder
  • Easter
  • Easter 2013
  • Easter 2014
  • elderflower
  • elemi
  • eucalyptus
  • Face
  • feet
  • fennel
  • figs
  • frankincense
  • FUN
  • geranium
  • Gifts
  • Ginger
  • glitter
  • grape
  • Grapefruit
  • Hair
  • Halloween
  • Halloween 2013
  • Henna
  • herb
  • honeysuckle
  • Inventory
  • irish moss
  • Jasmine
  • Jelly
  • jojoba
  • juniperberry
  • kaolin
  • karma
  • kiwi
  • lavender
  • Lemon
  • lemongrass
  • lily
  • Lime
  • limited edition
  • lip balm
  • Lips
  • Lush Kitchen
  • lustre
  • make-up
  • Mandarin Oil
  • mango
  • marshmallow
  • Mask
  • Massage Bar
  • melon
  • menthol
  • mimosa
  • Mint
  • Mother's Day
  • Mother's Day 2014
  • mud
  • neroli
  • nettle
  • nutmeg
  • oakmoss
  • oats
  • orange
  • papaya
  • paprika
  • parsley
  • passion fruit
  • patchouli
  • peanut
  • pepper
  • peppermint
  • Perfume
  • pine
  • pineapple
  • plum
  • Pomegranate
  • ponche
  • Popcorn
  • preservative free
  • primrose
  • rapeseed
  • Rare
  • Retro
  • rice
  • Rose
  • rosemary
  • rosewood
  • saffron
  • sage
  • salt
  • sandalwood
  • Scrub
  • Seasonal
  • Seaweed
  • sesame
  • Shampoo
  • Shaving
  • shea butter
  • Shower
  • Shower Gel
  • Skin
  • smoothie
  • Snow Fairy
  • Snowshowers
  • Soap
  • Solid
  • soya milk
  • spearmint
  • stout
  • Strawberry
  • suncream
  • sunflower
  • Tangerine
  • tea
  • tea tree
  • teeth
  • thyme
  • tofu
  • Tonka
  • toothy tab
  • Valentines
  • Vanilla
  • vetivert
  • Violet
  • volume 2
  • volume 3
  • walnut
  • wheatgrass
  • wine
  • Witch hazel
  • ylang ylang

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (230)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (39)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (36)
    • ►  April (35)
    • ►  March (28)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ►  January (25)
  • ▼  2013 (160)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ▼  September (11)
      • Sandstone Soap
      • Noubar Soap
      • Waving Not Drowning Bath Bomb
      • Sugar Scrub
      • Spank Me With Saplings Shower Jelly
      • Still Life Bath Ballistic
      • The Comforter Bubble Bar
      • Jacko Bath Bomb
      • Jungle Solid Conditioner
      • Ceridwen's Cauldron Bath Melt
      • Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (7)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

tony
View my complete profile